BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 5, 2010

Blue and White and Blue and White and Blue and White

Tonight is the NCAA tournament championship game, and finally, Duke is in it.  I remember sitting on the couch at our house in Pilot Mountain in 2001 when Duke beat Kentucky for the championship game.  Since then I have been waiting and waiting and waiting to see another National Championship for Duke.  Tonight is the moment of truth.  Tonight, I will wear the same shirt that I have worn for every Duke game this tournament... I'll sit on the couch with some friends, some cocktail weinies, and some chips and salsa, and I'll cheer on my team like I've never cheered them on before.

Is it wrong for a preacher to be so faithful to her team?  I think not!  So for tonight, I am no longer Laura the preacher.  Tonight, I am Laura the Blue Devil.  Let's go Duke, send that Cinderella story back home and beat those Butler Bulldogs like you've never beaten a team before.  Let's Go Duke!

0 comments: