BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dodging Tires

Just to let everyone know how my day is starting out, I thought I would share what happened to me on my way to school this morning.  Driving down I40/I85 on my way to Durham I was listening to the music on my Ipod, singing and having a good time.  I was in a good mood and ready for my day.  But all of a sudden, a truck in front of me began screeching on the brakes and smoke encompassed the road.  It took me a minute to realize that his right front tire had exploded, not just popped, but exploded and pieces were flying everywhere.  Then the left front tire exploded too, and more stuff went flying everywhere.  My windshield was hit with a few pieces, making an already-existing crack on the windshield even worse.


Suddenly I heard a horrendous noise and realized that another piece had hit the front of my car and then I proceeded to run over it.  Needless to say it scared the crap out of me.  I immediately took the next exit to try to get off the road.  I stopped at a gas station, got out, walked around and checked the car and their didn't appear to be any physical damage.  But when I got back in the car there was a little warning light flashing like crazy.  I went ahead and drove to school since I was only about ten minutes away at the time of the incident.  

Of course this would happen at a time when I have a million other things going on that I have to worry about.  Now, my post from yesterday is seeming more and more ironic, even funny.  Here's hoping that my car will have some sort of divine healing before I drive home this afternoon...otherwise I will be making a call to Honda roadside assistance after class today.

Oh, and just in case anyone wondered, the guy with the busted tires made it safely to the side of the road, and before I even made it out of the gas station there was a cop there helping him out :)

0 comments: